February 6, 2012

Outrageous Kid Parties On a Budget - Part 4

PARTY FAVOR BAGS!

I knew from the start of all this planning that I wanted to do party favor bags and I wanted them to be awesome!  Since I was on a budget I found this awesome idea on Pinterest for Tee shirt bags!

This was a great idea to save money, recycle and have awesome bags!  And another bonus, they were soooo easy!  These are great for reusable bags to take to grocery store too, not just party favors.  Being the over achiever I tend to be I couldn't just have a plain t-shirt bag so I decided to sew cute designs on them.  I didn't make a bag for each person but rather each family.  I did this for a few reasons - 1. Men won't want or use cute bags, 2. They were easy but took time, especially the embellishing, 3. They are big, so to fill each bag would cost a lot too (I probably wont be filling the bags full because they are big, but I will blog later about what's inside!)

So without further ado, here they are!


So the t-shirts I got from my sisters-in-law, so total cost $0.  If you don't have any, ask friends or family or you can go to good will and get some for cheap.  I tried to use a lot of stuff I already had for the rest of it (including the sleeve scraps) but I did purchase 1/8th a yard of some felt for a total of $3.36 + tax (and I have plenty left over for future projects :)

Total party favor bag cost:  $3.36 + tax
Not bad for 11 bags that can be reused!

No comments:

Post a Comment