February 24, 2012

Pinterest - My New BFF!

A few months ago I reluctantly joined pinterest.  I say reluctantly because I had heard about it and it seemed like something I would like but at the same time I didn't want another thing sucking my time from me.  A close friend convinced me to join an told me that it would be something I really liked.  I joined and started trying to figure things out.  At first I felt a little lost but I have fully embraced the pinterest world.  This blog isn't here to convince you to join, but rather to tell you about why I love it and how it's been useful.  For those that don't know, Pinterest is a site where you have "Boards" and you "Pin" images to it.  Think Bulletin Board.  When you click on the images it will take you to the website where the picture is from.  So that's where you can get the recipe, directions for DIY (Do-It-Yourself) projects and millions of other things.

RECIPES!
I really like to cook but I am often scared to try new recipes, especially if there is no picture.  I am a visual eater so when I see something that looks delicious I want to make it.  I guess it might be the cake decorator in me but pretty food just makes me happy.  For this reason, Pinterest is a visual eater's dream!  Why?  Well, if you're not on pinterest, it is a place where you "pin" images.  So all it is is pictures of food!  If I like it then I pin it on my "Recipes to Try" Board.  When you click on to the picture it will take you to the link with the recipe.  I have pinned many recipes in the past few months but what makes pinterest practical is that I am actually making the recipes!  I am now trying 2-3 recipes a week and sometimes many more than that.  And the best part is that most of them have been delicious!  There are a few duds, but the ones I don't like I delete and the ones we do I move to the "Certified Delicious" Board :)  So if you are strictly pinning recipes and not trying, get to cooking! 
 
CRAFTS!
I will confess, I love being crafty.  I really enjoy sewing, especially clothes for my daughter, hair bows and other things.  And pinterest has so many easy DIY projects and links to free patterns and directions and all sorts of stuff.  Plus, it has helped me to get some great gift ideas!  This is wonderful for wedding, baby shower or any other occasion gifts.  Plus it has a bunch of great practical and affordable ideas for holiday decorating!

These are not the only two things on Pinterest but these are easily my favorites.  Other boards can include, but aren't limited to: Fitness, Fashion, Places, Home Decorating and so many many more...pretty much any thing you can think of.  So if you are interested, check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment